Friday, November 03, 2006

Update!

+ We've just ended a 2.5 week vacation spent at home. M. was pretty sick with some virus for 2 of those weeks. Oh, well. At least the baby and I were spared.

+ I've been too lazy to scan our last ultrasound from our regular doctor. After getting spoiled by those detailed pictures from our other doctor (the ultrasound diagnostics specialist), one gets a little disappointed by the images from a regular ultrasound machine. But I'll post it soon!

+ I can feel the baby moving! It's rather hard for me to say when it started, though. On the 17th week, I thought I could feel something. By the 18th week, I just decided it must be the baby I'm feeling. And now, my 19th week, I'm almost sure it really is the baby. Especially last night, while we were at the ballet, I swear the baby was kicking when the music was happy and lively, and stopped when the music was dark and tense. Oh dear, I think we have a music lover here, and the mother's a music-ignoramus ...

+ I bought my first pair of maternity pants from H&M last week. Gee, it's been a really long time since I paid regular price for a piece of clothing. But hey, there's no way this pregnant belly's waiting for a sale! Anyway, I saved 20 euros by sewing the pants myself to make it shorter. I knew those 10 years of sewing and embroidery at school would some day come in handy!

+ P.S. This post's for you, Miss D.! Sorry I haven't posted anything in a month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm. Who's Miss D?

And 20 euros???? Do they use gold thread or something?

:)

Karen said...

Oh, that's Debbie. She was complaining that I haven't posted anything in a month.

I have no idea why they charge 20 euros. And to think the pants cost only 34 euros! Anyway, we spent 12 euros to buy a sewing kit with all the colors of thread we would ever need in our lifetime, tons of needles, pins, and other things I don't even know how to use. Still cheaper than going to the tailor :-)