Monday, February 12, 2007

33 Weeks, 7+/-2 to go!

Another doctor's appointment over, and all is well. Since my belly was extremely sensitive and I was feeling more pressure on the cervix the last few days, I was slightly worried that my cervix would be a bit dilated compared to last time. But it hasn't changed, it's still closed, baby's in the right position (head down, facing my left side) and boy has she grown! The doctor approximates that she is now more than 2000 grams and around 44 cm long. So all is well indeed!

The CTG test also went well, and this time I didn't have to do anything with the sensor at all. I could just sit there and read my book and Baby Grepl stayed put. Her heart beat would sometimes go up to more than 170 bps, but I had the feeling it only happened when she started moving. Since the nurses outside could hear everything, when that happened I would always expect the nurse to come in with a shocked look on her face. But it's apparently normal.

So, that's it for today's appointment. Another CTG in a week, and a regular check-up in two weeks.

No comments: