Monday, February 05, 2007

Bedrest it is ...

Just got back from the doctor. Today we did another cardiotocography test which measures the baby's heartbeat and detects any uterine contractions. Everything's normal! It was even amusing how the baby gave me a hard time "following" her heartbeat. I had to hold the sensor against my belly, and make sure I could hear her heartbeat (140-160 beats per minute! wow!). Problem is, she moved around so much I lost the signal so many times. I then had to hurry and try to find it again. Not that easy!

More news: bedrest is to continue. I officially have to work only two more weeks before the start of my maternity leave, but today she ruled out going back. In a way it would have been nice to be able to go back, but only because that means I can get up and walk around without being scared of the contractions that come. But hey, if staying in bed means this baby's staying where it belongs for at least another 7 weeks, I'm not complaining! Nope nope nope!

I'll be going back again next Monday for a regular appointment.

No comments: