Okay, so I'm not great at titles.
I realized I'm on an entirely different appointment schedule compared to someone with a "normal pregnancy." Anyway, it seems my appointments are going to be weekly from now on, every week a CTG test, and every other week a full exam.
Yesterday I had another CTG test. There's something about the test that Baby Grepl doesn't quite like. Her heart beat started out at 145 bpm, and then rose to 175 bpm within a couple of minutes. She was trying to kick (or punch) the sensor away too. It was interesting, especially since the band around my belly wasn't at all tight. So it was either the 2 round shadows from the sensors (the books say she can already see light/dark for a while now), or she can sense something that the CTG does.
I then started talking to her, telling her that her mama and papa are there, that the machine wasn't going to hurt her, that it's just checking if she's ok, that she should just relax and maybe get some sleep. She calmed down after a couple of minutes, and her heart beat went back to 145 bpm.
I like to think it was because of my voice.
Monday, February 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment